Professional Written Communications
For this Individual Project, you will use the entity you selected for your Unit 3 discussion, along with the research you conducted for that assignment, to present a report totaling 600–800 words. The report will be on the overall effectiveness of that entity’s online presence and will have recommendations for improvement.
Using this Unit 4 Individual Project Template, complete the following for this assignment:
- Research review: In 1–2 paragraphs, provide a summary of your findings on the importance of having an online and social media presence for ANY company, organization, or governmental agency. Use information from the 4 sources you chose for Unit 3, ensuring that there is at least one APA style in-text citation for each of those 4 sources in the Research Review section. You will be summarizing, synthesizing, and analyzing these sources to provide a background for your analysis and suggestions. This section focuses on why having an online presence is important for companies and organizations rather than on the entity you are analyzing in the following sections.
- Analysis: In 3–4 paragraphs, analyze your entity’s existing social media presence and existing Web site, addressing each of the following components:
- Provide an explanation of your entity’s target audience.
- Discuss the entity’s purpose(s) for using social media.
- Provide an overview of the various social media sites the entity currently uses.
- Discuss how often this company posts updates on these sites.
- Describe areas where the entity is effective in its approach to social media.
- Discuss the strengths of the entity’s Web site.
- Recommendations and conclusions: In 2–3 paragraphs, discuss specific identified areas where your entity could improve. Consider the following suggestions:
- Suggest the addition of more platforms to attract its target audience, offering specific guidance on which platform(s) should be added and why.
- Suggest how a specific platform should be used differently, including why its use needs to change.
- Suggest a different cadence of posts to the various platforms. For example, is the entity posting too rarely or too often? Include a specific breakdown of how often posts should be made and why.
- Offer suggestions for ways to gain more followers. Be specific on which strategies are more effective for which platforms.
- Offer suggestions for how to improve the entity’s Web site, and address the benefits of making these improvements.
- Finally, conclude your report by informing your audience of how taking your suggestions will benefit them in the long run, supporting these claims with outside sources.
- References page: Create a references page that cites all the references used in this report. Use APA formatting. You should have a minimum of 4 cited sources, at least 2 of which must have come from the CTU Library. For help with formatting your references page, check out the Introductory APA Writing Style Guide.
Be sure to remove the instructions from the template prior to submission. Submit as an attachment.
Please post this task to Submitted Assignments as a Word document.
Professional Written Communications
For your initial post, you will consider the skills and information covered in the class and draft a letter addressed to fellow students who have the same major as you, explaining the importance of effective writing and research across multiple platforms and modalities (from e-mails to essays, blog posts to social media posts) for your chosen profession or field.
Your letter will address 3 primary topics, each with a dedicated section, and it should include examples and details in each section that address the unique audience and purposes for each scenario. Answer the following:
- How can developing and using effective writing and research skills further your educational and academic goals?
- How can developing and using effective writing and research skills advance your professional and career goals?
- How can developing and using effective writing and research skills enrich your personal life?
Finally, your post must follow a formal letter format using this Unit 5 Discussion Board Template. For the purposes of this assignment, please use fictitious information for your address and signature block. Please copy and paste your letter directly; do not post it as an attachment.
For each assignment, you will use the M.U.S.E. link to complete the lab.
In this lab, you will see the time progression of impacts associated with either coal-fired or nuclear power plants for electricity generation to help you write up a scientific paper that centers on the following:
- Given that the current 2 primary sources of electricity generation are coal and nuclear power plants, which of these sources is better for human sustainability?
Analyze Energy Sources Lab
Everything people do in their daily lives involves the consumption of resources—particularly energy. With respect to energy, electricity is one of the most important resources consumed and also one of the highest in demand. Traditionally, fossil fuels such as coal, natural gas, and oil have dominated the U.S. energy mix; however, as it is well-known, carbon-emitting energy sources are very detrimental to the environment and are contributing to global warming. Fortunately, alternative energy resources such as solar, wind, hydro, and geothermal power are becoming more efficient and prevalent in today’s energy economy.
Using the M.U.S.E. link, review the background information and gather your data.
Use the Lab 4 worksheet for assignment instructions and data collection.
MUSE LINK: https://class.ctuonline.edu/_layouts/MUSEViewer/MUSE.aspx?mid=7743900