- Discussion and Participation Scoring Guide.
It is important to be an effective leader in making evidence-based decisions. The more the employees believe a leader is being fair and thoughtful, the more motivated they are to follow the decision. In this discussion, complete the following:
- Describe the concept of power and choose one type of power you believe would be most effective for a leader in health care.
- Explain how this type of power helps the leader become more effective.
Read the Discussion Participation Scoring Guide prior to posting to learn how the instructor will evaluate your discussion participation.
Read the posts of your peers and respond to two. If possible, select a peer who focused on the same type of power as you and one who chose a different type of power.
- For the peer who chose the same type of power:
- Do you agree or disagree with your peer’s description of the power and its effectiveness? Explain.
- After reading your peer’s post, how would you change your original answer? Explain.
- If you would not change your original post, explain why.
- For the peer who chose a different type of power:
- After reading your peer’s description of the power and how to make it effective, what questions or comments do you have?
- Now that you read your peer’s post, do you still believe your power is the most effective, or did you change your mind. Explain.