I am a regional manager of a large department store chain. (Macy’s) I am over three states, visiting stores every six weeks, 25 stores, and three district managers. Each store has departments (mens womens childrens kitchen makeup) that report to managers. We have a network in which we receive emails every morning. Managers and district managers who report to me.
Textbook: Baack, D. (2012). Organizational behavior. San Diego, CA:Bridgepoint Education, Inc.
Organizational Behavior Analysis In this assignment you will analyze the organizational behavior of your current or former employer. Describe how the following areas influence the organizational behavior in a negative or positive manner:
1. Type of culture (Pluralism, Dualism or Salad bowl)
2. Modes of communication in the organization (i.e., written or verbal)
3. Nature of authority (i.e., recognized social rank)
4. Motivational techniques (e.g. intrinsic or extrinsic used to influence productivity and performance)
5. Areas of EQ (emotional quotient) embraced by the organization
6. Virtual elements (i.e., teleworking and virtual offices)
Provide examples for each item listed above and discuss how each example applies to the organization identified. Your paper must be eight to ten pages in length and use a minimum of four scholarly sources, in addition to the textbook. Your paper must be formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center
Writing the Final PaperThe Final Paper:
1. Must be eight-to-ten double-spaced pages in length (not including the title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
2. Must include a title page with the following:
1. Title of paper
2. Student’s name
3. Course name and number
4. Instructor’s name
5. Date submitted
3. Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
4. Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
5. Must use headers
6. Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
7. Must document a minimum of four scholarly sources, in addition to the textbook, in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
8. Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
-This paper is to be written in third person only! This means you must avoid using terms like ‘Us, we, I, my.” You must also maintain a formal academic tone throughout this paper. -Please use an Introduction heading at the beginning of your paper and headings for all topics in the body of your paper.You must use transitional sentences between each new topic. -Your thesis statement should be the last few sentences at the end of the introduction paragraph and in bold font. -Please add a conclusion heading at the end of your paper. This is where you add your interpretation and closing thought. NO CITED INFORMATION IS TO BE INCLUDED IN THE CONCLUSION. Finally you must restate your thesis statement in past tense within the conclusion paragraph. For example you could say this paper has explored XYZ in relationship to job opportunities…Just restate your thesis statement from the introduction paragraph in past tense in the conclusion paragraph. -Students will lose substantial points automatically if this sentence is at the beginning of the conclusion paragraph: “In conclusion….” or “In summary”Please use heading for each of the topics. It will also be important for you to use transitional sentences when moving from one topic to another.
Please do not include bullet points, graphs, figures or charts as a penalty will be added.
Please be sure to cite any information that is not yours and provide them within the text and include a reference page. Please submit your paper to turnitin and be sure to check your originality score which should be 24% and under.10% or less with regard to quotations should be contained in this assignment. Again limit your quotations to 10% with this assignment as I will check with turnitin. Your originality score should be at 24% or below and will be graded accordingly.Use only scholarly or peer reviewed sources as wikipidia, mindtools.com, dictionary.com, websters dictionary.com, thesaurus.com, ehow.com, smallbusiness. chron.com and any blogs are not scholarly to include websites as well.
I will grade for proper use of APA to include citations and reference formatting.
I want each of you to do well on this paper and I look forward to reading them.