This is a for 2 short assignments. I have been sick and fell behind.
Write a paper of 600–800 words that discusses the following:
- Identify at least 5 of the risks or challenges today of the global sourcing concept.
- Discuss how a firm’s global sourcing manager may address tow of these.
- Given these challenges, what are at least 3 advantages of sourcing products or product components from global sources versus just a firm’s own countries’ suppliers?
Part 1: Use the provided MRP template to develop a 6-week manufacturing resource plan (MRP), given the following information:
Download the MRP Template
- The finished product being produced requires 1 of component A, 2 of component B, and 0.5 of component C.
- The production plan is to have in inventory, ready for sale, 100 units by the end of each of weeks 1–3 and 200 of the finished units by the end of weeks 4–6.
- All the components A, B, and C must be available at the beginning of the planned production week.
- Lead times from the vendors for A, B, and C are 1, 2, and 3 weeks respectively
- Production takes 1 week.
(For example, you would want necessary quantities of A,B, and C in the factory on Monday morning so that the finished units would be available for sale at the end of that same week.)
Part 2: At the bottom of this template, describe the importance of accurate lead time and bill of material information to have an accurate MRP.
MRP Template attached