Identify the basic skills required of an effective manager
This discussion forum examines the skills an effective manager must possess in the context of personal experience with managers.
Your participation in the discussion forum, including the following:
- Responses to the initial questions
- Responses to at least two other students’ posts
Step 1 Post a response to the following on the discussion board.
Identify a manager/boss/supervisor you have experienced in your work life, and think about his or her management style. Keeping that manager in mind, post your response to the following on the discussion board. If appropriate, include personal experience in your response.
- What characteristics made that manager effective or ineffective?
- If you could have told that manager two things he or she could change to improve the management and life of the staff, what would they be? (There would be no repercussions on you.)
- How did the skill of the manager affect the corporate culture?
Read other students’ posts and respond to at least two other students.
Read other students’ posts and respond to at least two of them. Use your personal experience, if it’s relevant, to support or debate other students’ posts. If differences of opinion occur, debate the issues professionally and provide examples to support opinions.