Write a paper (1,500-1,750 words) in which you address the following based on the information provided in the “West Coast Transit Case Study” resource.
- Define the three criteria for evaluating effective team/group work (as stated in the reading this week) and analyze whether the “team” assembled by Bernie Hollis and Pete Denson is effective or not.
- Provide a review of each of Tuckman’s five stages of group formation and identify what stage(s) are evident in the case. Explain your answer.
- Define Schein’s three behavioral profile roles during team entry and identify how the profiles are demonstrated in the case. Explain your answer.
- Was the communication among the participants in the case effective or not? Justify your answer (this is not just an opinion).
- The Organizational Behavior textbook describes two main types of conflict. Define them and then describe the type (s) of conflict that are evident in the case.
- Propose how Denson should manage the conflict in this case using one direct conflict management and one indirect conflict management approach? Explain your response.
- Identify one specific task leadership activity and one specific maintenance activity that should be encouraged. Identify the most significant disruptive behavior that should be discouraged.
- Identify the most obvious individual motivational problems experienced by Jing, Mahonney, and Tanney. How should Denson motivate each person? Be sure to provide a specific motivational suggestion for each person based on that person’s motivational needs. Ensure that at you have at least one suggestions from each of the motivational theories/techniques (content theories, process theories, and reinforcement strategies).
Use at least two academic resources as references for this assignment.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
to sorces perfered if you have them availible online if not no big deal
Schermerhorn, J. R. (2014). Exploring management (4th ed.). Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Uhl-Bien, M., Schermerhorn, J. R., & Osborn, R. N. (2014). Organizational behavior (13th ed.). Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.