Read the following articles about the water pollution crisis in Flint, Michigan:
- Article 1
- Article 2
- Article 3
- Article 4
- Article 5
- Article 6
Complete the following:
- Put together an action plan that will help improve its corporate social responsibility efforts and pay more attention to environmental ethics.
- In your action plan, do the following:
- Identify all of the stakeholders in the water crisis, and list specific steps the city leadership can take to improve their image and restore public trust.
- Apply corporate social responsibility and environmental ethics in your paper.
Your paper must be in APA format.
Please submit your assignment.
Bernstein, L., & Dennis, B. (2016, July 29). Six Michigan employees charged with misconduct in Flint water crisis. The Washington Post. Retrieved from the Regional Business News (Ebsco) database in the CEC Library.
Cama, T. (2016, March 24). Michigan task force blames state government for Flint water crisis. The Hill, 23(30), 13. Retrieved from the Masterfile (Ebsco) database in the CEC Library.
CNN Library. (2017, February 2). Flint water crisis fast facts. Retrieved from http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/04/us/flint-water-crisis-fast-facts/
Snyder, B. (2016). Michigan’s governor just apologized for the Flint water crisis. Fortune.com. Retrieved from the Business Source Complete with Datamonitor (Ebsco) database in the CEC Library.
Thompson, B. (2016, April 20). Michigan judge authorizes first round of criminal charges in Flint water crisis. Christian Science Monitor, n.p. Retrieved from the Academic Search Premier (Ebsco) database in the CEC Library.
The United States: Remarks by the president after meeting with federal responders on the Flint, Michigan water crisis-food bank of Eastern Michigan-Flint, Michigan. (2016, May 06). Asia News Monitor. Bangkok, Thailand. Retrieved from the ABI Inform Collection (Proquest) database in the CEC Library.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.
PHIL101 Unit 4 CTU Library Guide
- Define the following ethical concepts and theories: virtue ethics, Kant’s Categorical Imperative, ethical relativism, utilitarianism, corporate social responsibility, and social contract theory.
- Identify and defend moral and ethical theories to ethical case studies and current events.
- Solve ethical dilemmas from case studies and current events using moral and ethical theories.
- Identify ethical quandaries regarding government involvement and laws impacting organizations’ day-to-day operations and business decisions.
- Identify ethical theories such as relativism, utilitarianism, and social contract theory.
- Discuss ethical dilemmas in the workplace, cultural scenarios, private, and public sectors.
- Identify ethical issues from case studies and current events using moral and ethical theories.