Primary Discussion Response is due by Friday (11:59:59pm Central), Peer Responses are due by Tuesday (11:59:59pm Central).
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Your manager has informed you the company needs to consider small businesses as part of the contract solicitation process. Your company has just recently been asked to perform services for a government agency and consideration for small business participation in your company’s subcontract awards will be part of your company’s proposal to the agency
Using information from an Internet search on small business administration, discuss the benefits of considering small businesses in government contract solicitations, including the following:
- What benefits can be expected by your company if small businesses are considered in the subcontract solicitation process?
- To what extent will adding these requirements mean additional costs will be incurred in administration and reporting of compliance?
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings?
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.