Primary Discussion Response is due by Friday (11:59:59pm Central), Peer Responses are due by Tuesday (11:59:59pm Central).
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Request methods such as requests for information (RFIs), requests for quotation (RFQs), and requests for proposal (RFPs) are used to obtain pertinent information from potential suppliers. Based on the organization you have selected, respond to the following questions:
- What types of material or services will your organization purchase from outside suppliers?
- What are the differences between RFIs, RFQs, and RFPs?
- Which request type (RFI, RFQ, or RFP) would be used for your organization?
- Explain why you chose this request type.
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings?
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.