MINIMUM of 250 words APA Format
Use the Discussion Forum to respond to these discussion topics:
Remember, this is our classroom. After you address this week’s questions, you can respond to any post I put in class for your additional posts, and you should also read and respond to posts from at least two other classmates. Posting 3 times is a MINIMUM expectation. Three posts will NOT earn you an excellent grade “A”. For that you must go beyond the minimum expectation. Use outside research sources in addition to the videos and your text book (journals, news articles, etc. — but NOT Wikipedia). Properly document your sources using APA style in-text references and a reference list.
- In your first post, respond to these questions BEFORE viewing the videos that follow:
- What are some possible career paths one can take with an educational background in finance?
- What are some of the key steps someone should take in order to prepare for a career in finance?
- What is the primary role a publicly traded company should pursue, and why?
- Visit the textbook website and view the following videos:
After viewing the videos, post your responses to the following questions. You should conduct outside research, in addition to watching the videos. (If you are unable to view the videos, use news articles, websites, etc. to support your answers).
- How can you obtain work experience in the finance field while you are still a student?
- The video(s) mention several skills one needs in order to be successful in the field of finance. Which of these skills are most important to you and why?
- How do job prospects in the field of finance look over the next 10 years?
- One of the roles of a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is that of a fiduciary. What does this mean?
You are required to post a minimum of 3 substantial posts each week.
Remember, posting the MINIMUM number (3) will NOT earn a 100%. A minimum effort does not warrant that.
Discussion Grading Criteria:
Thoroughly answered all of the questions: 40 points possible
Quality response to at least two classmates and/or Instructor: 30 points possible
References to text and/or other sources: 10 points
Spelling/Grammar at the college level: 10 points possible
Posted on 3 separate days: 10 points
Total: 100 points
Please remember that YOU MUST POST ON AT LEAST THREE SEPARATE DAYS